What are the 4 stages of a dog in heat?First of all, the official or “medical” name for “heat” is canine estrous which is also known as the reproductive cycle. As such, it is made of 4 different stages. These stages are, as mentioned below:
How can I keep my dog clean during the heat?Keeping your fluffy friend clean during this time is quite a troublesome yet important task. This is why, in this section of the blog, we shall be teaching you how to keep your dog clean during the heat. After all, learning to keep her clean is a major part of learning how to take care of a dog in heat. There are a few things one can do to ensure the same, but most importantly one must understand that the heat cycle differs greatly throughout the different breeds, as well as individuals of the same breed. Nevertheless, there are some things you can do to ensure Here are a few ways to handle this: A good Doggy Diaper The first thing you should do is invest in a good doggy diaper. while it might work well on most fluffy friends, on some pups it won’t hold on. In those cases, we recommend bodysuits, which work equally well. You can find either of these on any pet store or even online stores. Special blanket for Special times Things can get messy during the heat. So, it’s better to dedicate a special blanket for this time, which she can use to cuddle up during sleep. Another benefit of doing so is you will only have to wash one blankie. Quick Clean Again, things can get messy and there can be blood at the spots you don’t want it to be. So, it’s quite handy to always keep some tissues and wet wipes around for some quick cleaning.
How to take care of a female dog in heat?Lastly, here we shall be discussing how can one take care of their female dog during the heat cycle. After all, it’s not just about the medical side, your pet will also need your love and care. So, here are some tips on how to take care of your furry friend during difficult times.
- The first heat cycle for your girl is going to be a quite confusing experience, so she will need some extra care, and attention.
- Dogs get extra snuggly during the heat cycle. so, it will be a good idea to give them some extra time, and cuddles.
- Provide your fluff friend with a chew-resistant you which can be used to nudge up against. Not only will it provide her some joy during hard times, but also a sense of security.
- Try not to scold your dog if she end up making a mess (bloody one). Rather clean it up while reassuring her.
- Feed her properly with the right food, and plenty of water to drink.
- Let her out more often during this time, as she might feel the urge to relieve more often than usual.