As the title suggests, in this blog, we shall be teaching you how to take care of kids hair. Because the truth is told, children are fragile, and they need extra care. Even little neglect can hurt them. this includes their hair too. So, with this being said, let’s get right into it:
Child Hair Care Tips
Here are some tips that will help you take care of your child’s hair better.
Use Kid-Friendly Shampoo
There are many things you have to consider while buying a shampoo for your little one. For example, the scent, gentles, as well as their hair type. Fortunately, some brands make shampoos and other products specifically for children. And the best part is, it won’t burn your child’s eyes. YAY!
While you won’t get it right the first time, but don’t settle for anything but the best.
Conditioner or No Conditioner?
Again, whether to use conditioner or not comes upon what type of hair does your kid has. Do they have curly hair? Dry hairs? Or naturally straight hairs. As things stand, people with curly and dry hair do need conditioner. Nevertheless, you should be using conditioner during the winters regardless of your child’s hair type.
Use Warm Water
As a mother, father, or caretaker; you know what is best for your kid. But there is no harm in reminding you that while washing the hair of your child, you should use warm better. Firstly it’s gentler for the kid, and shampoo works better with it.
Massage Shampoo on Scalp
Apparently, it’s not only important to apply shampoo over the length of your hair, but also scalp. And when you are at it, teach your child to do the same for better results.
Cover with Towel
After you are done shampooing the hair, cover the hair with a towel. And let it absorb excess water.
This is a good way of drying the hair without damaging them.
Comb out damp hair gently.
use a comb with a wide tooth, especially if you have curly hair. Be sure to comb the air gently and don’t yank or pull too hard. Otherwise, you will end up damaging the kids’ hair.
How to Repair a Child’s Damaged Hair?
when you are learning how to take care of kids’ hair, you must also learn how to repair the damaged hair and stop it from worsening. And in this section of this blog, we shall be discussing the same. Mentioned below, are the tips to follow to repair damaged hair:
- Avoid using a hairdryer or straightener on your little ones’ hair. These tools can damage the hair of an adult, and compared to that a kids’ hair requires much more care. So, say no to hairdryer, and Straightener, and go back to natural ways.
- Use a towel to dry the hair, and use combs with wider teeth to avoid damaging hair.
- Choose a conditioner that suits your child’s hair and use it to repair damaged hair.
- Apply natural oils, and creams to the hair to reduce damage and make hairs stronger.
- Don’t comb or pull hair opposite of their growing pattern as it can lead to them breaking.
So, this is all you need to know on how to take care of kids’ hair.