According to People, a lady in Connecticut has filed a lawsuit against the fast-casual business Chopt over a salad that she claims included a bit of the manager’s finger. Allison Cozzi of Greenwich, Connecticut, filed the case on April 7, 2023, stating that she purchased a salad at a Chopt restaurant in Mount Kisco, New York. The lady who filed the case said that while eating the salad, she became aware that “she was chewing on a portion of a human finger that had been mixed into, and made a part of, the salad.”

According to the records, a restaurant manager accidentally sliced a portion of her left pointer finger while slicing arugula. According to the lawsuit, the manager was sent to the hospital, yet the tainted rocket was given to the customers.

The Westchester County Department of Health Conducted an Investigation and Penalized the Restaurant for $900

According to the complaint, Ms Cozzi had illnesses such as shock, panic attacks, migraine, cognitive impairment, nausea, dizziness, and neck and shoulder discomfort as a result of eating the tainted salad.

“She does not want to increase the stress and anxiety that this incident has caused her,” Reibman added. “Her complaint does not contain the dollar amount of the monetary damages that she is seeking. As a matter of common sense and public interest, the failure to supervise the preparation and service of food in a manner that protects the public is a blatant deviation from accepted safe practice and deserves significant compensation.”

Write A Comment